Woke up today with this complaint from Audrey. There are actually ~ 15 plates available that can be observed in this time. It is just that Petunia doesn't list these plates because half of their visibility windows are before the starting time for the night. For eg. today I requested to plug an extra plate 8524 to ensure this. And it can be seen in Petunia, this plate indeed is observable through the first hour. So, I dont think we really have an issue here. Although it sounds like a silly problem, it was a panicky situation till I understood the problem. Thankfully, all is good at APO.
I will have to closely watch the daily plug requests for this dark run and have to remember to add more plates if needed. The other option would be to see if autoscheduler can deal with this. But, I don't think I will have enough time this week for that.
The new idlspec2d tag that I installed last week is working fine for the normal eboss plates. Got one plate observed yesterday night and all looks good for this plate. Reminded the observers about the procedure to observe the ELG plates in the infrastructure pipeline call. Kaike asked me to send the list of ELG plates. I also alerted the observers to remember to set up the special guider actor when observing the ELG plates. When observing normal eBOSS plates, they will have to revert back to the normal guider actor.
In the infrastructure call, the observers raised the issue of out-of-spec red values in the SoS for flats/arcs. I have to update the tolerance values of XMID and WAVEMID by analysing the sparse plug data obtained on MJD 57632. I reported back the issue of SoS being not able to reduce the sparse plug data as it finds large gaps in the data. Anyhow, I will have to make SoS reduce the sparse plug data and update the XMID and WAVEMID tolerance values.
No comments:
Post a Comment