Monday, August 22, 2016

eBOSS22: Hour Angle Assignment Plan


Worked on the HA assignment of eboss22.
In total, there are 121 plates in eboss22. I divided these 121 plates in to three groups and assigned HA=30,10 and 0 to each group. I did not want to push the HA to > 30 as this is a low declination chunk. If we increase it beyond 30, we may end up decreasing the visibility window of these plates
The first plot shows the distribution of plates in RA and Dec color coded by HA .

The second plot shows the resulting projection after including these 121 plates. Blue curve is the projection with the tiled plates and the White curve is eBOSS scheduled time. There is a huge deficit just after LST=5 hours. I think we can cover this gap by NGC ELG plates.

Looking at the APO schedule for next couple of months, we will not hit LST > 5 (above deficit) before October 8 2016. If the NGC ELG plates will not be ready by then, we might want to tile a new NGC region to cover the schedule in October and November dark runs.

No comments:

Post a Comment